Regular Meeting - Sawdust Session and Tool Sale; with The Board Hoarder
September 25, 2019 –
This month's regular monthly meeting of OPCAAW will be a sawdust session for hands-on turning training. Here's the lineup:
- Ellen Winnie will demonstrate embellishment. Bring one of your pieces or a scrap piece of wood to try it out.
- Ralph Lindberg will demonstrate between center multi-axis turning.
- Sandi Swayze will demonstrate how she sets up segmented turnings.
- George Kromka will demonstrate chasing threads by hand on the lathe.
- Jimmie Allen will demonstrate box making and the use of negative rake scrapers.
- John Elliot will instruct on proper tool control.
- Jeff Brody will be discussing bowl design and taking what a bowl blank gives you. Bring a blank to participate.
- Brad Stave will demonstrate a variety of hollowing tools.
The club will also sponsor a tool sale. Another feature is a visit from the Board Hoarder, who will bring wood and also answer all kinds of wood questions.
We'll start off with announcements, Show and Tell and the wood auction. Members will also have access to our library and to sandpaper and CA glue sales.
Gathering starts at 6 p.m. Announcements begin at 6:30.