Regular Meeting - Round Robin Demonstration
August 29, 2018 –
This month, a variety of OPCAAW members will be demonstrating in a round robin setting. The demos will be:
- Colored Glazes and “Dirty Pours” presented by Russell Neyman, who has been experimenting with his “Dirty Pour” technique for some time and will show us new inventive ways of decorating a bowl.
- Fine Finials presented by Tones Briggs. If you have a hankering to make Christmas ornaments for the up-coming season, making a finial is an essential skill.
- “Turnings for your Garden" demonstrated by Jim Leary: Making the full circle of forest-to-shop and then back-to-nature in your garden.
- "Basic Bowl Turning Techniques" demonstrated by Jeff Brody. How to start turning brown and round.
- “Tool Control for Beginners” demonstrated by John Elliott. The term ‘for beginners’ may be misleading as seasoned turners can always pick up a point or two from John.
- Vacuum Chucking System by club President Larry Lemon. It's always a challenge to reverse a bowl or hold an odd shaped turning to finish the bottom. Larry demonstrates one solution to this challenge.
- Tool Sharpening Techniques demonstrated by Training VP Jamie Straw. Jamie will show how to use a Wolverine jig for consistent sharpening..
In addition, the meeting will feature announcements, Show and Tell and the wood auction. Members will also have access to our library and to sandpaper and CA glue sales.
Gathering starts at 6 p.m. Announcements begin at 6:30.