August 30, 2017
This month's regular meeting will be a series of mini demonstrations. The lineup includes:
- Processing green wood: chainsaw and bandsaw techniques, planning cuts, sealing the wood, various methods of drying and/or treating green bowls to minimize failure rate. Jamie Straw, Jeff Brody, Larry Lemon.
- Turning green bowls: John Elliot
- TransTint® Dye techniques: George Kromka
- Miniature Hollow Forms: Ellen Winnie
- Lidded Boxes: Jimmie Allen
- Pen turning: Demonstrator TBA
In addition, the meeting will feature announcements, Show and Tell and the wood auction. Members will also have access to our library and to sandpaper and CA glue sales.
Gathering starts at 6 p.m. Announcements begin at 6:30.