May 5, 2019 –
OPCAAW will have its first Sawdust Session of 2019 for members and guests. This session we will have six stations set up with club members demonstrating and providing hands-on experiences in the following areas .
- Embellishing Techniques – Pyrography, colorization techniques – Bring a piece to play with
- Power Carving – Bring a piece to carve on
- Coring Bowl Blanks – if you have some blanks that are round bring them and get them cored
- Pen Turning Station
- Top Making Station – Turn some and donate at the fair
- Sharpening Station – Need some tools sharpened , learn ways to keep them sharp
It’s a lot fun. You get a chance to interact with other club members and learn or polish some skills. Bring a lunch and stay for the day. The best part is that it's free.